Start your circular journey in three easy steps
According to Peter Lacey, Accenture Europe Lead for Accenture Strategy, “…any business can be a circular business” and getting started couldn’t be easier by following these three simple steps.
Step 1: Get clued up on the circular economy
The circular economy can be adopted in many different ways across a business and it can be difficult to know where to begin. We’ve listed below some helpful resources to help you get started:
- Circular Glasgow: Talk to us! If you are a Glasgow-based business, get in contact with us and we can arrange a time to explore the circular economy within your business.
- Accenture: Read Accenture’s The Circular Economy Handbook
- Circle Economy: Making sense of the circular economy with 7 key element
- Ellen MacArthur Foundation: Explore the Circular Economy Learning Hub
Step 2: Brainstorm with your team
Book half a day with your team to discuss and explore what circular economy ideas can be implemented within your existing business strategy. Encourage everyone in your team to share their ideas and create a master list with all of your potential opportunities.
If you need some inspiration from other businesses, see the links below for some circular economy case studies.
- Circular Glasgow: Get Inspired
- Circle Economy: Knowledge Hub
- Zero Waste Scotland: CE Accelerator
- The Circulars Awards
Step 3: Select your top two initiatives
And get started!
Many organisations such as Glasgow Chamber of Commerce, Accenture, Zero Waste Scotland and Circle Economy have already done the hard work, so you don’t have to.
Between us we have seen thousands of case studies where organisations have followed these simple steps and as a result have identified new opportunities including: revenue growth; new markets, product or services; improved risk management; raising the organisation’s profile; reduced cost in terms of core asset or improving reputation and differentiation with a customer, supply chain or important stakeholder.
If you would like to discuss the opportunities further, please contact us directly.